On completion of this course, graduates will be able to utilize gas mixtures of air/nitrox not exceeding a PO2 of 1.4 ATA and oxygen-enriched mixes up to 100 percent as decompression gas.
What will you learn
This course provides the necessary skills and knowledge for planning and conducting cave dives to a maximum depth of 45 m/150 ft.
Training covers the following topics:
• Decompression models
• Decompression sickness (DCS)
• Decompression dive planning
• Use of enriched oxygen mixtures
• Gas requirements
To execute decompression dives one decompression cylinder is utilized.
Dive sites to take xTEK-45 Cave Diver course
To participate in this course, students must:
• Be at least 18 years old;
• Be certified the NASE xTek Basics and Rescue Diver levels (or equivalent);
• Be pre-assessed before enrolling in the course.
Duration and special features of this course will depend on whether or not students have already been certified NASE xTEK 45 (or equivalent).