A quick and easy introduction into what it takes to explore the underwater world. Although this is not a scuba certification course, you’ll learn all the steps it takes to be a PADI certified diver.
You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. If you make an open water dive, you’ll practice a few more skills in shallow water to prepare for your adventure. Get ready to:
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
- Have fun swimming around and exploring.
- Hear about becoming a certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver course.
Your PADI Pro will likely provide all the basic scuba gear you’ll use including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device, dive gauges and a tank.
Visit your local PADI Dive Center or Resort to learn more about the gear you will need to start your adventures in Discover Scuba Diving.
Contact your local PADI Dive Center or Resort to sign up for a Discover Scuba Diving program and get a Discover Scuba Diving Participant Guide. Your Participant Guide explains the experience and lets you pre-study the safety rules and skill techniques your dive professional will review with you. You’ll also learn about opportunities to become part of the scuba community after you complete your underwater experience.