This course helps you appreciate the complexity of coral reef habitats and teaches how you can help conserve these vital systems.
Through classroom discussions, you learn:
- How coral reefs function and the complex nature of life on a reef.
- Why coral reefs are so important.
- Why many coral reefs are in serious trouble.
- What you can do to prevent further decline.
- How Project AWARE unites divers and water enthusiasts to make a difference.
The Coral Reef Conservation course references information in the digital manual – AWARE – Our World, Our Water – downloadable for free on ProjectAWARE.org. Although this manual is not required for the course, you can read the chapter on coral reefs in preparation for meeting with your instructor.