Special Price: 1700 €
This certification course is designed to give students the necessary skills to conduct open water dives in conditions similar to their training without the direct supervision of an instructor to the depth till 18 m
What will you learn?
The Open Water Diver Course is NASE Worldwide’s entry-level certification program. It is designed to help prepare divers to:
• Independently plan and conduct no-decompression dives, with a qualified buddy, to depths of 20 m/65 ft, in conditions similar to those in which the divers were trained or have gained prior experience.
• Make guided dives under direct Instructor, Assistant Instructor, or Divemaster supervision, to depths of 30 m/100 ft (20 m/65 ft for divers ages 12, 13 and 14).
• Continue their education through NASE continuing to the next course – The Advanced Open Water Diver.
To enroll in the NASE Worldwide Open Water Diver course, students must:
• Meet all of the prerequisites outlined in the NASE Worldwide General Course Standards and Procedures;
• Be at least 12 years old by the start of the course;
• There are no prerequisite diver certifications for this level.
Special Requirements for Junior Open Water Diver Students
Students who have not reached their fifteenth birthday by the time of certification may be
issued a NASE Worldwide Junior Open Water Diver certification. Junior divers possess the
same qualifications as adult divers; however, until their fifteenth birthday, they must be accompanied at all times by a certified buddy who is at least 18 years of age.
Instructors are to evaluate student maturity levels and ability to safely manage the necessary
equipment prior to enrollment.
In order to complete this course, students must:
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Knowledge Quest 3. Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently